September 18, 2019 Newsletter
Welcome back to 704 Air Force City Cadet Squadron!
If you know of anyone between the ages of 12-18 and who are interested in Cadets please feel free to invite them to visit the Squadron on a Monday night in September. If they already know they are interested in joining, then information on registration can be found under Registration / Required Documents on our webpage. Please pay special attention to the requirement to print on legal size paper.
TAGGING is this weekend. Every Cadet is expected to participate in at least one shift. See details below.
OPC Lottery Tickets: The sale of these tickets benefit our Squadron so we are able to attend trips and optional activities. Each Cadet is expected to sell one book.
As we did last year, our Sponsoring Committee would like $60.00 up front in September from each cadet for the book of tickets. When the tickets are sold, return only the stubs and keep the money.
New recruits and Cadets requiring uniform exchanges are to wear black pants and a white shirt until sized and uniform parts are in stock.
If you are unable to attend training on a Monday night or an event that you have signed up for, then you need to call the squadron at 613-921-7047 or report your absence on the squadron website. CLICK HERE FOR LINK. Commenting on Facebook or telling a friend are NOT acceptable means of reporting your absence. This is the Cadets responsibility not their parents.
Please add the following events to your calendar for the 2019-2020 Training Year:
Standard Monday night training will not be posted here unless there is something special happening such as Sports night that may occur at a different location. Team practices will be posted here a few weeks in advance.
* Wednesday 18th September - 6:30pm Band is meeting at the school
* Friday 20th September and Saturday 21st September - TAGGING - Drop off and Pick up will be from Marc Garneau School - Each Cadet is expected to participate in at least one shift but the more the better. The money raised during tag days is extremely important to the squadron to help pay for activities and supplies throughout the year. If you do not help with AT LEAST 1 shift you may not be able to attend the optional fun activities planned for later in the year.
Friday shift is 5-9pm
Saturday morning shift is 9am to 1pm
Saturday afternoon shift is 12:30pm to 5pm.
Any Cadets who participate in both morning and afternoon shifts on Saturday will be provided with lunch.
* Sunday 22nd September - Supply will be open from 2-3:30pm at Active Self Storage, 400 Sidney Street Trenton. Enter through front door and follow the signs (and usually noise) to our lockers. If you are exchanging uniform items they must be clean to be returned.
* Saturday 28th September - Ad Astra Stone Dedication - National Air Force Museum - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Friday 4th October to Sunday 6th October - Fall FTX at Camp Ross- more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Monday 7th October - CO's Parade
* Sunday 13th October - Gliding Day at Mountain View airport - when attending Gliding cadets MUST have their Health Cards, should bring clothing appropriate for the weather (remembering that it is substantially cooler in the air than on the ground), sunscreen, hat, jacket, and water bottle. Sunglasses are optional but good to have. More details will be provided closer to the date - This is the ONLY gliding day scheduled for the training year and is mandatory for all Level 1 Cadets.
* Monday 14th October - No Cadets - Enjoy Thanksgiving with your family and friends.
* Friday 18th October - Potential Cadet Night at Belleville Senators Hockey Game.
* Saturday 19th October - Orienteering Competition - for those selected for the team.
* Monday 21st October - First bottle drive of the year. Parents please feel free to bring in your empty beer, wine, cider, etc bottles/cans. Someone from parents committee will be in the school parking lot when cadets are dropped off at 6pm to collect the bottles and cans for return. This is a quick and easy way for the squadron to raise funds so please help out, if possible.
* Saturday 26th October - Fundraising dinner at 413 Wing - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Monday 28th October - Fitness Testing - All Cadets are required to completed fitness testing each year to qualify for promotions. Location to follow at a later date.
* Monday 4th November - CO's Parade
* Sunday 10th November to Monday 11th November - Remembrance Day Vigil and Ceremony - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Monday 11th November - No Cadet Training Night due to Remembrance Day events earlier in the day.
* Sunday 24th November - Trenton Santa Claus Parade - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Monday 25th November - Sports Night - more details will be provided closer to that date.
* Saturday 30th November - Frankford Santa Claus Parade - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Saturday 30th November - 413 Wing Charter Night Dinner - Cadets needed to assist with serving the meal - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Saturday 7th December to Sunday 8th December - Tentative All Levels Training Weekend - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Friday 13th December - Mess Dinner - Frankford Legion - more details will be provided closer to the date
* Monday 23rd December - No Cadets
* Monday 30th December - No Cadets
* Monday 4th January - First night back after holidays.
* Monday 17th February - No Cadets - Enjoy Family Day.
* Saturday 29th February - Zone Marksmanship Competition for those selected for the team - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Monday 13th April - No Cadets
* Saturday 18th April - Regional Marksmanship - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Saturday 25th April - South Eastern Area Band and Drill Competition - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Friday 1st May and Saturday 2nd May - TAG DAYS - Each Cadet is expected to participate in at least one shift but the more the better. The money raised during tag days is extremely important to the squadron to help pay for activities and supplies throughout the year. If you do not help with AT LEAST 1 shift you may not be able to attend the optional fun activities planned for later in the year.
* Friday 8th May to Sunday 10th May - Potential Spring FXT - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Saturday 23rd May - Regional Band and Drill Competition - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Saturday 6th June - Annual Ceremonial Review - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Saturday 13th June - Deseronto Parade - more details will be provided closer to the date.
* Saturday 20th June - Potential End of Year Fun Day - more details will be provided closer to the date.
Sent on Behalf of:
Captain Garret Watts, CD
Commanding OfficerEcole secondaire publique Marc-Garneau30 Fullerton AvenueTrenton, ON K8V 1E4Telephone: 613-921-7047 Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
September 18, 2019 Newsletter
September 13, 2019 Newsletter
August 29, 2019 Newsletter
June 11, 2019 Newsletter
May 28, 2019 Newsletter
May 21, 2019 Newsletter
May 17, 2019 Newsletter
May 6, 2019 Newsletter
May 1, 2019 Newsletter
April 27, 2019 Newsletter
April 16, 2019 Newsletter
April 3, 2019 Newsletter
March 28, 2019 Tag Days Letter
March 27, 2019 Newsletter
March 24, 2019 Newsetter
March 18, 2019 Newsletter
March 6, 2019 Newsletter
Seeking Nominations for Trial Program
February 26th Newsletter
February 6, 2019 Newsletter
February 4, 2019 Newsletter
January 15, 2019 Newsletter
January 4, 2019 Newsletter
December 27, 2018 Newsletter
December 3, 2018 Newsletter
November 28, 2018 Newsletter
November 20, 2018 Newsletter
URGENT NOTICE - Training for this weekend has been CANCELLED
November 8, 2018 Newsletter
November 6, 2018 Newsletter
November 1, 2018 Newsletter
October 22, 2018 Newsletter
October 10, 2018 Newsletter
September 19, 2018 Newsletter
August 30, 2018 Newsletter
August 13, 2018
June 4, 2018 Newsletter
May 29, 2018 Newsletter
Wonderland & Banquet Timing Reminders
Correction Notice - Payment for Banquet Additional Guests needed by Wed. May 16th
May 15, 2018 Newlsetter
May 9, 2018 Newsletter
April 30, 2018 Newsletter
April 24, 2018 Newsletter
April 17, 2018 Newsletter
April 10, 2018 Newsletter
April 2, 2018 Newsletter
March 28, 2018 Newsletter
March 21, 2018 Newsletter
March 6, 2018 Newsletter
February 24, 2018 Newsletter
February 6, 2018 Newsletter
January 31, 2018 Newsletter
January 23, 2018 Newsletter
January 13, 2018 Newsletter
January 7, 2018 Newsletter
December 6, 2017 Newsletter
November 28, 2017 Newsletter
November 14, 2017 Newsletter
November 7, 2017 Newsletter
November 10-11, 2017 Vigil Information
November 1, 2017 Newsletter
October 23, 2017 Newsletter
October 11, 2017 Newsletter
704 Newsletter - October 3, 2017
September 27, 2017 Newsletter
September 19, 2017 Newsletter
September 13, 2017 Newsletter
UPDATED Fall Newsletter - With New Location & Additional Dates
FALL NEWSLETTER 2017
Summer Training Information
Weekly Announcements: 19 June 2017
Weekly Announcements: 12 June 2017
Selected Cadets for Ottawa Trip
Weekly Announcements: 5 June 2017
Weekly Announcements: 27 May 2017
Weekly Announcements: 22 May 2017
Weekly Announcements: 15 May 2017
Gliding is CANCELLED due to weather.
Weekly Announcements: 08 May 2017
Weekly Announcements: 01 May 2017
Weekly Announcements: 24 April 2017
Weekly Announcements: 17 April 2017
Weekly Announcements: 10 April 2017
Weekly Announcements: 3 April 2017
Weekly Announcements: 27 March 2017
Weekly Announcements: 20 March 2017
No Training on March 13, 2017
Weekly Announcements: 6 March 2017
Weekly Announcements: 27 February 2017
Weekly Announcements: 20 February 2017
Weekly Announcements: 13 February 2017
Weekly Announcements: 6 February 2017
Marksmanship on Monday, January 30, 2017
Weekly Announcements: 30 January 2017
Weekly Announcements: 23 January 2017
Weekly Announcements: 16 January 2017
January 9, 2017: Training Cancelled due to Weather
Weekly Announcements: 9 January 2017
Reminder: Volunteers Needed on December 29 & January 2
Supply Closed: Monday, December 19, 2016
Weekly Announcements: 19 December 2016
National Courses Information Booklet
Weekly Announcements: 12 December 2016
Ground School Location
Revision: Ground School Timings & Location
Weekly Announcements: 28 November 2016
URGENT: Training Cancelled for November 21, 2016
Weekly Announcements: 21 November 2016
Weekly Announcements: 14 November 2016
Reminder: Poppy Sales on November 5th
Weekly Announcements: 07 November 2016
Weekly Newsletter: 31 October 2016
Weekly Announcements: 24 October 2016
Weekly Announcements: 17 October 2016
Weekly Announcements: 10 October 2016
Weekly Annoucements: 3 October 2016
Weekly Announcements: 26 September 2016
Weekly Announcements: 19 September 2016
Weekly Announcements: 12 September 2016
First Night Back - September 12, 2016
Summer Training Travel Orders
Quinte International Air Show
Summer Training Joining Instructions
JUNE 6, 2016: Change of Location
Weekly Newsletter: 06 June 2016
Weekly Newsletter: 30 May 2016
ANNUAL AWARDS BANQUET
Weekly Newsletter: 23 May 2016
Weekly Newsletter: 16 May 2016
Weekly Newsletter: 09 May 2016
Weekly Newsletter: 02 May 2016
Weekly Newsletter: 25 April 2016
Weekly Newsletter: 18 April 2016
Weekly Newsletter: 11 April 2016
Newsletter: 4 April 2016
Newsletter: 28 March 2016
Newsletter: 21 March 2016
Newsletter: 14 March 2016
Newsletter: 7 March 2016
Newsletter: 29 February 2016
Parents Committee Meeting / Fudge Fundraiser
Newsletter: 22 February 2016
Newsletter: 15 February 2016
Disregard FTX Info
Newsletter: 8 February 2016
Newsletter: 01 February 2016
Newsletter / Bottle Drive
Cancellation 14 Dec 2015
Newsletter 07 Dec 2015
Breadner Elementary School
704 Sqn Christmas Mess Dinner
Newsletter 30 Nov 2015
Upcoming Events 25 Nov - 7 Dec 2015
Newsletter 23 Nov 2015
Newsletter 16 Nov 2015
Newsletter 09 Nov 2015
Newsletter 02 Nov 2015
Newsletter 26 Oct 2015
Newsletter 28 Sept
704 Subscribers List
Weekly Newsletter 14 Sept